Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Is Over, Time to Get To Work!!!

I did NOT do a lot over the Christmas break. Maybe because I was too bloated and sleepy to get my butt moving. It was a nice break, but I am feeling so much better back on Paleo and doing my daily WOD's. Many of you already know what I am training for right now. If not, please see here. Actually...realistically...I am only training for this. Ha Ha! But I am going to give it my best shot!

I started 2/days today. I am going to keep this up whenever my schedule permits, especially until Kelly gets back. Today's workout at CFCP was pretty intense. The RX weight for women was 95#, they had me use 105#. The workout was:

10 cleans (105#)
50 squats
10 burpees

I felt pretty good through out the whole thing, especially when I started dropping the weight instead of muscling it down to the ground. My time was somewhere around 18:30 I think, maybe a little more.

Then this afternoon I went to the Y for my second workout. I rowed 3000m at 85% first 1500m recover 1min, then 95% for second 1500m. My total time was somewhere around 13 min. That was tough. I am hoping that these 2 WODS per day get a little easier. Considering what my body did today, I am feeling great! I am sure there will come time in this process where I don't feel so motivated. But I will take today!

I am going to try to post weekly instead of after every workout because obviously I am not doing a great job with the former. :) It seems that Wednesday afternoons during the girls' gymnastics seems to work the best for me. They have free wi-fi and I have no distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment