Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bear?

Today my workout at CFCP was something call Bear? I think? I had not heard of it before today. It was a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be. Here is the workout:

Every minute on the minute for 20 minutes perform the following:

5 Dumbbell Deadlifts
5 Dumbbell Hang Cleans
5 Dumbbell Thrusters

I used 20# dumbbells, but RX is to use 45% of your body weight. Uhm...yeah right! The objective is to finish as fast as you can so that you can use the rest of the minute to rest. I think next time I will go up in weight though since I finished all 20 rounds with 30 seconds to spare each round, as did all the others in the class!

Here is a video of some guys at CFCP a year ago doing another version of Bear. They look a little different now and so does their form!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go!

    I really hate the dumbbell bear. Last time I did it (almost a year ago), I used 20# dbs (same as you), but the latter rounds took me basically the whole minute to finish. By the end, curse words were involuntarily flowing from my mouth.

    I think we'll tackle this one with Kyle and Kristen next week.

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was sucking wind though! I didn't know Kristen was doing crossfit too. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did that workout...ive decided they call it bear b/c you have to just grin and bear it. it suuuuucks!

    ReplyDelete