Sunday, November 22, 2009

And the challenge begins...


The Holly Jolly Challenge started on Saturday. And right now I am pretty pumped! We will see how long that lasts! I would like to share a recipe that turned out VERY yummy. It is a breakfast recipe and I know how much we appreciate those since we all get very tired of the same old eggs. This is a variation of the recipe for omelet muffins that was posted on Mark's Daily Apple. Mine is very similar, just added some different veggies, sausage, and omitted the mayo. Here it is.

ingredients:
8 eggs
1 lb breakfast sausage
1/3 c green onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
sugar-free salsa for topping (used Sprouts brand)
pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown and crumble sausage. Beat the eggs, then add veggies and meat. Grease muffin pan and line with paper cups. Spoon egg mixture into each cup. Bake for about 23 min. Let cool a few minutes and top with salsa. Enjoy!

Two of these lasted me almost all day! I ate them for brunch and I was not hungry until dinner. And that is not like me! This recipe yeilded 10 muffins. My kids loved them, too. And I have breakfast for the rest of the week!

Here is the latest on my WOD's.

Friday: Elizabeth

21-15-9 cleans, ring dips

The rx weight was 95#, but I used 85#. My body was telling me to take it easy, a little shoulder and lat pain. I also did bench dips. I was at the Y, so obviously they did not have rings. (like I can do them anyway!) My time was 9:35, blah...

Saturday was much better, even after the happy hour Friday night! It was the kickoff workout at CFCP. And Ms. K did a great job her first time leading the workout! I arrived late (after a wonderful morning getting the kids ready...) so I started my workout backwards from everybody else. Here it is.

10 kb swings
10 situps
10 squats
400 m run

20 kb swings
20 situps
20 squats
800 m run

30 kb swings
30 situps
30 squats
1200 m run

40 kb swings
40 situps
40 squats
1 mile run

We weren't timed, but I felt good! Today is my rest day, but decided to do one of the extra point workouts in my challenge packet, 250 jumping jacks for time. My time was 4:27. More tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. odd it ate my last post lol...

    I think I saw you on Saturday but did not get to say hi...You were wearing the Fight Gone Bad IV shirt right?

    Well good luck on the Paleo Holly Jolly Challenge....My team plans to win it :-p

    ~Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that was me! A lot of new faces there. Haha! I think that Three Cleans and a Jerk is gonna win!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe our team is Beauty and the Beasts!!!

    ReplyDelete