Sunday, November 15, 2009

Gotta Love November in Texas!

Yesterday's open gym at CFCP was outside in the "pit." The weather has been in the 70's and 80's for most of the week, so this made for a nice workout! Our warm-up started with a total of 120 push ups and squats and some running. You know after a "warm-up" like that, you are gong to get a good workout in! Here's the WOD.

Threes rounds

1 minute stations of:
ring dips
box jumps
kettlebell swings
tire flips
dumbell presses
rest

I couldn't do full ring dips, so I jumped a little. I used 35# kettlebell and that was the most difficult station for me. I also used 20# dumbells for each arm. It was my first workout in the "pit" and it was a lot of fun! It was also my first time flipping tires and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Although they were pretty muddy since it had rained a few times recently. We were all nice and dirty at the end!

And just when we thought we were done, our lovely coach told us to do tabata sprints in the parking lot! Ugh! I would have been totally satisfied without those! Oh well, my usually tight jeans are thanking me.

1 comment: