Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oops I did it again...

No, sorry to disappoint you...this is not Brittany Spears. The last time I posted I was apologizing for my lack of activity on my blog. That was October, 28 and here it is November 11 already! Once again, I have let too much time pass on my updates. I am starting to think that it is completely futile for a dedicated crossfitter to keep up with a blog because we are always working out. Ahem, yes...I do think of myself as a dedicated crossfitter! My times may not show for it, but I am working on that. But really, who am I kidding. Most crossfit workouts really are not that long.

So, I am going to give you my week in review. Saturday, I visited Crossfit West Houston and they were awesome once again. And it is a good thing I went too, considering my late night bachelorette party that night. I did not write my workout down, but it involved a team workout where we did a lot of wall balls, SDLHP's, ball slams, and doubleunders. My hamstrings are still sore! If anyone that reads this lives in Houston, you should seriously check them out.

Monday, was D.T. at Cedar Park. Ouch. The rx weight for women on this one is 105#. I can't imagine doing that. I did 85 and about died. But, only because of the hang cleans. Here it is:

12 deadlift
9 hang clean
6 push jerk

My time was 16:55. Like I said, the hang cleans were tough which made the rest of it tough.

Tuesday...Oh Tuesday. I attempted to workout in my backyard because I did not have the chance to get to the gym and it was a gorgeous day outside. There were a number of things that contributed to a not-so-fun-workout. Here they are in no particular order: 2 little girls, 2 big dogs, dog poop, and a spider on my hand during push ups. All of my facebook friends already know about the incident. Anyway, I finished (along with my little 6 year old) the following workout:

10 squats
10 sit ups
10 push ups
x 10

My time was 11:20.

Today was a workout at Cedar Park. It was my first time doing the fit test. I was running late, so no warm up for me.

400m run - 1:33
max push ups in a minute - 35
max sit ups (not anchored) in a minute - 43
tabata squats - 156

We also did a pull up ladder at the end that was not part of the fit test. Yes, I did do unassisted kipping pull ups, thankyouverymuch. I did a total of 9 rounds + 7. Wish I could have done more, but my grip is always the first thing to go!

Tomorrow is my off day. See you when I see you...

3 comments:

  1. Awesome..Keep up the great work..I need to check out Xfit CP...I wonder what the cost is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are awesome in CP! Definitely check them out. Come on Saturday for a free workout at open gym at 9:30. Their prices are better than most, they are flexible, and they produce some great athletes! They also have a team challenge coming up that is always fun. Here is their blog.
    http://crossfitcp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I plan to give them a try...Saturdays are pretty much out of the question though cause I am also a Krav Maga Instructor..Hopefully they can let me take a class during the week to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete