Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Moo.

Food has been on my mind lately after watching Food, Inc. This is a picture of a cow my mom encountered in Switzerland recently. This is what a cow should look like! Roaming free in the pasture and eating grass! Not knee deep in filth and practically on top of each other while being force-fed grains (corn) to fatten them up. Anyway....anyone that has not seen it should rent it. Pretty gross, disturbing, and eye-opening.

I tackled my first RX Fran yesterday at the Y. And my darn pull ups keep slowing me down! I just can't get my rhythm going, especially after thrusters. I also thought that the 65# thrusters would be cake after getting 95# over my head yesterday. Umm, yeah I was wrong. It was a tough workout all around. Here is Fran...

21-15-9 thrusters(65#), pull ups

This was my first time doing this RX with real pull ups, so it took me a while. My time was 13:06. As always, I got some funny looks when I kept cussing at the pull up bar.

Today, I was at CFCP which always get's me a better workout! Here was today's WOD.

300 jump ropes
200 lunges
100 squats
75 v-sits (14# ball)
50 sit ups

My time was 21:33. Some of the hardcore people decided to make that 300 double unders...no thanks. I would have been there forever.

In other news, we are starting another paleo challenge at CFCP, the Holly Jolly Challenge. This one is a team challenge, which should keep me accountable next week through Thanksgiving and my sister's wedding. Yikes! We made a final decision on our team name today which consists of 3 gals and one guy. We are the Three Cleans and a Jerk. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the cow...Movies like that and Fast Food Nation can make ya sick...

    I will have to say this...Doing Fran 100% RX is awesome..Yeah your time suffers from the pull-up's slowing you down. But in all honesty you will see better results in the long term for doing them.

    I will be doing the CFCP workout today and will post my numbers for it..Thats the 300, 200, 100, 75, 50 one there. The V-sits will probably kick my butt. Will need to bust out the rolled towel since I do not own an abmat yet.

    Good luck on the Holly Jolly Challenge...I will be joining at the end of the month (CFCP) and working out on Tuesdays/Thursdays it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I hope you liked it!

    ReplyDelete